Wednesday, January 16, 2008

6th Pune International Film Festival

Films with dialogues. Films without. Films about war and rapes. Films about love and children. Dry films. Melodramatic films. Sweet films. Silly films.

My first International Film Festival has been quite an experience. I've seen so many films that my waking and sleeping hours are filled with images from them.

For those interested, the official site is here. The fest ends tomm.

Some of my favorite were:

Cherries (Chinese): tells the tale of a retarded woman who brings up an abandoned child and the journey of this parent-child pair

Khuda Ke Liye (Pakistani): an intelligently developed and well thought out plot around a family that struggles with their Islamic identity, both in Pakistan and the US

Someone to run for (Isreali) a sweet story about the runaway teens in Jerusalem - a girl's search for her brother and a boy's search for this girl!

Some really crappy ones were: Because of Love, Hukkle, Kika and Pareethuvaliam.


4 comments:

Ankur said...

was suppose to attend it with a friend. I ditched him, should have attended it.

"I've seen so many films that my waking and sleeping hours are filled with images from them."

I should have gone, Never attended any film festival whatsoever. Will do that once.

பரத் said...

Hi ,
I attended the film fesival.Watched so many movies."cherries" and "In the name of god" are in my fav list too.
the first movie I watched was "because of love".It was really crap.
Other good movies I watched were Seventh heaven(egypt),Tricks(poland) and black book.Black book was a typical hollywood stuff.
The one you mentioned at the last is not "Pareethuvaliam", its "Paruthiveeran".

barath
barath.sg@gmail.com

pujamadan said...

Heya Barath,

Know what? The first one I saw was 'Because of Love' too and it made me go.. wwwhat? Total crap!

And thanks for the correction - I knew when I typing in the name that it was all wrong but I was too lazy to cross check - its so not worth it!

I chose 'Kika' over the 'Black Book' coz their timings overlapped, and totally regretted it... but I'll have more opportunities :)

Thanks for your comment.

Loot Deals said...

Nice post !!!

Visit us for Loot deals & offers