Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Strum a dum dum


My relationship with music generally and the guitar specifically has evolved and seen some changes off late. 9 years ago, in college, I took guitar classes, bought a super-expensive guitar, tried and then failed/lost interest. Now, I've signed up for guitar classes again and bought another guitar (not so expensive though). In my former music life, I was tight, under a lot of pressure and very hard with myself for not getting it. This ensured that I didn't get it :) and eventually I quit...

Now, and I think meditation has changed many things in me, I'm more relaxed into myself, more patient and accepting... and that has allowed for a whole new world to open up for me. I'm enjoying the nuances, I'm not rushing to get anywhere and in that relaxed space, the music inside is allowing itself to be discovered... its one of the many things that can't be described but experienced.. and cherished.

I have class today. Ta da dee dee dum :)

"When you are creating something - a song, a dance - you are also creating yourself. You are discovering new dimensions of your own being" Osho

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why dont people comment on nice blogs like this ?

Anonymous said...

I agree,

meditation and relaxation are way more important than most people think they are. Life in a hurry just does not seem worth it... Nice blog...

--
Regards
Parag